Alvan Zheng of china has won the largest event of Macau Poker History till date i.e. 2016 Macau Million and took down the first prize of HK$911,000 or ($117,390 USD). The event was organized by Pokerstars. This was a hugh tournament so far that attracted 2,343 players, out of which 1,079 entrants got registered at Day 1 of the tournament and 729 entrants joined the game at Day 2 of the event.
The buy in of the tournament was HK$3,000 which was just HK$2,000 last year in 2014 and it generated a prize pool of HK$6.1 million. This was HK$3 million guaranteed event.
Top 9 Finalists:-
- First place goes to Alvan Zheng of china who made HK$911,000.
- The runner up of the game was Quan Zhou of china, who made HK$700,000.
- Another Chinese player Guancheng comes third in the list and cashes out HK$530,000.
- A Hong Kong native Howard Ka Ho Sun is at 4th position and collected HK$383,000 of cash.
- Chun Liang Pan of Chinese Taipei secured 5th place and got HK$272,000.
- A Russian player named Tatiana Barausova booked for 6th position and made out HK$185,000 of amount.
- Jason Lo of Hong Kong made HK$132,000 and was at 7th place.
- Tony Cheng of Hong Kong made HK$100,817 and was at 8th position at the event.
- The 9th place is for Boon Heng Siong of Singapore, who took out HK$75,000.
The main event was of HK$3 million guarantee but the total prize pool exceeded much more than that and it generated a hugh prize pool of HK$6.1 million and the 27 year old Chinese born Alvan Zheng won the first prize of the event. He made an amount of $117,390 USD.
Zheng got busted in 2014 Asia Pacific Poker Tour by his countryman Quan Zhou but in this season he topped the field size and crossed the final table.